Blush pink is the perfect color to add softness and elegance to a room. It has a feminine quality that can be used in a variety of ways, from ruffles and lace to contemporary designs. Unlike bubble gum pink or hot pink, blush pink is a subtle and versatile hue that can be used in any style of room. Consider incorporating blush pink in your decor for a soft, pretty touch.
Do’s and Don’ts Blush Pink
When incorporating blush pink into your decore, keep in mind the following:
- Use blush in rooms that are meant to be relaxing as it has a calming effect.
- Avoid using blush in high-energy spaces such as mud rooms or kitchens.
- Use a touch of blush to add elegance to a room through a side chair, pillow or vase of flowers.
- Don’t limit blush to classic and traditional spaces, it can work well in modern and contemporary rooms.
- Consider adding blush pink to your holiday decor for a beautiful combination with metallics like gold and silver.
- Don’t limit blush to just furniture and accessories, consider adding it to light fixtures for a unique touch.
- Add decorative elements such as pin-tucking, nailhead trim, and button tufting to blush pink upholstery for added interest.
- Avoid mixing blush with citrus colors like yellow and orange.
Blush Pink Color Combos
Blush pink’s softness allows it to seamlessly blend with a variety of colors.
Blush pink can complement other pastels like mint green when paired with a grounding color such as silver, white or black. This creates a cohesive and balanced look.
Furthermore, if you desire a relaxing ambiance in your home, blush pink can be a great choice as it promotes relaxation, elegance and beauty.
Combining blush pink with various shades of grey can create a masculine aesthetic. The darker the grey, the stronger the masculine effect will be.
Blush pink and white make a great combination as it creates a simple, bright, and fresh look. This is perfect for those who prefer minimal color in their room but still want to avoid plainness. A living room featuring white furniture with blush accents like curtains and patterned pillows, for example, is visually pleasing without being overly feminine.
Blush pink and deep indigo can create a dramatic effect in a room. The bold contrast between the two colors adds visual interest, and the blush pink adds a touch of masculinity to the space.
Blush pink and gold create a girly and glamorous look. Combining it with ivory enhances the feminine and luxurious feel of the space.
Blush pink and silver or chrome produce a contemporary aesthetic. To achieve this look, incorporate pieces with simple shapes and sleek lines.